Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Monday, January 16, 2012

Make A Difference Monday - Self Reflecting

Hey!
I am sorry I'm so late getting this posted.

But first - in honor of Martin Luther King Jr today,
one of my favorite quotes:
“People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they have not communicated with each other.”
As you've seen in the earlier post,
I spent the weekend with my crazy sister
for a good 'ol sewing weekend.
(more to come about that on my Friday post)
Well, I left the charger to my laptop at her house
and my battery died, so I couldn't do the post this morning.

If you are joining me on this journey,
then you are also doing a lot of self-reflecting.
I do want to make sure that you understand
where I'm coming from when I write about all this stuff,
and that is,
I am in the best place I have ever been in my life.

I used to beat myself up
continually if I did something
and it wasn't done perfectly, or...
did something wrong, or...
said something I shouldn't have, or...
ate something just to get rid of the bad feelings.
etc.

You name it,
if I wasn't perfect,
I wasn't good enough,
which explains why I'm such a rule follower.
God forbid I should try something on my own
and I fail.

That's not who I am anymore.
But I share these things....
these feelings...
because I want you to understand
where I was,
so you know the journey
I'm taking
to get to my goal.

Now...I'm not going to go spilling
the beans on my life,
or share dark, dirty secrets.
I'm talking strictly about how I feel about myself.
What kinds of things go on in my head
to make me react the way I do.

I am blessed in the fact that I have
amazing people in my life.
I have friends and family
with good heads on their shoulders,
who help me see life as it is today.
My mom sent me a beautiful email
and the last line of the email was
basically telling me I don't have to be perfect
(um...yes...I struggle with that...ugh)
and that there was only one perfect person on this earth
and He died on the cross for all those things
I'm not so perfect about.
And I have a friend at work
who reminds me
to love myself  for who I am today.
That  today, and every day, I am worthy of all things good,
and just because I don't look like a super model,
doesn't mean I'm not one 'hot mama'.
LOL

But it's those are the things
we all need to hear.
Because we are all worthy of feeling the best
about ourselves at whatever stage we are at
right  now in our lives.

So this week,
really work on loving yourself
AS YOU ARE TODAY
because you are absolutely wonderful.

And for those of you that have different religious
beliefs then I do,
IT'S ALL GOOD!
I'm not a preacher.
I'm not judging.
That's not my place.
My place is to love
and live by the values and morals
of my life.
Each of us finds our own way in life
and our differences are what makes the world go round.

So I leave you with the goals of this week:
Love yourself as you are today.
Be accepting of yourself,
and just work on being the best 'you' that you can be.
Live by YOUR values.
Make sure you take care of you
and don't leave that up to someone else.
When all this comes together,
it's becomes easier and easier to
'spread the love'.
And the difference starts...
the love starts spreading...
and the ugly can be put to rest.

Here's a poem I received today:

May today there be peace within.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that
are born of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.
Let this knowledge settle into your bones
and allow your soul the freedom
to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every
one of us.



Enjoy YOU!
 
xoxo
Cindy

No comments: