Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Latest Accomplishments!

I hope this post finds all of you healthy and full of things to be grateful for.  Today we honor those who gave their lives in the service of our country.  I send a prayer to all their families. God bless America and those who continue to keep us safe.

So...it's been a busy couple weeks at the Smith house.  We have a new addition to our family.  She's an adorable little girl who has melted our hearts!  She's just a little bundle of energy.  I would like you to meet Sadie....she's a 3/4 lab and 1/4 coon hound.  A friend of mine found her on Craig's List for us.  She was from a litter of unexpected puppies that were being given away to good homes.  We are blessed!!

                                                     Here is Sadie and her duck Justin bought her:


 
                             
                                             And here is Jesse and Sadie.  Jesse is the one who picked her out:

 She is quickly becoming spoiled!  Her first vet visit was last Saturday.  I was so proud of her!  She got the first of her puppy shots and is in great health.  She was born April 1st and weighs 10 pounds already.  I think Sadie is going to be a big girl, so I'm going to enjoy this little size for the time being.  :o)

I also got 2 quilts done for my niece's high school graduations.  I thought I would share as I really enjoyed making them!  I also made each of them matching pillowcases, which I forgot to take pictures of!  Sarah helped me with Rachel's (the black/white/red one).  Rachel is a niece to both of us, so I made the quilt and Sarah had it quilted and put the binding on along with the quilt label.  (THANKS, Sarah!)  Of course, this is the quilt before it was quilted.  I totally forgot to get a picture of it completed.  I'll have to hook up with Rachel later to get that!



And here is my niece, Hannah's, quilt.  She is the daughter of my husbands brother.  I am proud to say that I quilted this one myself on my sewing machine.  I'm not a big fan of that, only because it's hard to do!  LOL  But as I was telling my sister this morning about a quote I like..."Impossible is only an opinion...not a fact"...with that said, it really wasn't impossible to quilt it myself!  :o)


My husband is holding it for me.  Isn't he cute?  LOL  I just love him to death.

One another note...I'm going to Vegas the end of June!!  I was talked in to entering a karaoke contest.  After 3 weeks of finals...I WON!!!!  Can you believe it?????????  So...my prize was a free trip to Vegas to compete in the Nationals.  Skeet can't go with me, which bums me out, but my mom and two of my friends are going along.  My goal is to make it to the top 3.  How exciting is that??  I was so shocked.  But I have to tell you that the support of my family and friends was absolutely amazing.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.  To sing and look out into the audience and have half of them be my family and friends....I will never, ever forget what that looked like. And when they announced my name as the winner and I saw all of them cheering and jumping up and down...my heart is swelling right now as I remember that night!!

Well, it's time for me to sign off.  I need to get my house cleaned.  After all this sewing, and graduation parties (we had four last weekend and 5 this past weekend), it's been feeling a little neglected.  Skeet has started putting up his new building...The Man Shed....so I will be cooking a lot in the next couple weeks for all that come to help.  I'll be trying some new recipes, which I will definitely share!  Be on the look out!  Until next time....keep looking up and laugh as much as you can! xoxo






4 comments:

Suze said...

Congrats! Sing your heart out!

Melissa P said...

Wow! What great things to be busy with. Sadie is adorable! And she has most definitely gone to the right home.

Congratulations on winning and your trip to Vegas!

Great job on the quilts too! I really like the black and white and red one.

Cindy said...

Thank you both so much!! Melissa - Sadie is our spoiled rotten terrorist...lol...but we love her to death. It's so hard to correct her because she is so stinkin cute! :o)

jules said...

Awww, I love Sadie....she is darling!! Your quilts for graduation gifts turned out wonderful...I remember looking for lots of that fabric :) That was such fun! You have been super busy!! Las Vegas here you come, woohoo!! Have fun and sing beautiful as always.XXXOOO