Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Fresh start

I decided before I could do any sewing this year
I needed to focus on organizing my space.
With all the last minute projects I had to finish, sewing for Christmas,
and everything else in between, my sewing room turned
into a danger zone.  The only thing missing were the yellow 
"CAUTION!  DO NOT CROSS" banners surrounding it.

So I'm keeping it real folks.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
(don't judge...you know you've been here too)
:)




Pretty embarrassing, eh?
So in my usual, over the top, enthusiastic, 'let's get this going' self,
I wanted to start my blog back up and made my first post of the year
with all this chaos in the background.
I froze.
I couldn't sew.
I couldn't get any creative juices flowing.
I would walk into my room and then walk right back out.

So one day I just got up,
put my cleaning clothes on 
and got to work.
It took a while,
but I did it.





You'll have to excuse some of the photo's.  
A few were taken with my phone.

But it's done and I'm back in business folks!

Just for cuteness, I have to share this photo that sits on my cutting table.

Of course, my boys are now all grown up at 26 & 28,
but I love this photo, and I love seeing how happy they were back then.

And just for fun, some bling sitting around.


I mean seriously,
who doesn't frame one of their favorite designer's fabric
in little blingy frames?
(thank you Kate Spain)

And to prove I have been sewing

These cute strawberries are from Lori Holt's book, Farm Girl Vintage.
LOVE her!!

More to come from my little corner of the world.
My happy space is now my happy space and 
life is good.
I mean, who doesn't love a room with a view?

Chat soon!
xoxo
Cindy

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

That was no small feat! Overcoming the inertia, then diving in and getting it done...wow! Impressive. I have my own mess that needs attention. Guess I better get moving and get it done!

LethargicLass said...

I love seeing your sewing space, almost is like being there with you!

Julie said...

What a beautiful colour on your walls. I have just cleaned my room up too, not that it will last long. Happy sewing this year.