Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival October 2012

I think I made it in the nick of time!

When I saw Amy from Amy's Creative Side was starting up again,
I knew I had to finish my Facade quilt,
which was a workshop hosted by 

So here is the big reveal!

I am SO in love with this quilt.
The quilt has been done for quite some time.
I just didn't have the binding on.
(bad me!)
So last night I was running a sweat shop in my sewing room.

All I could hear while I was working on it
was Larry the Cable Guy saying,
"GET 'ER DONE!"
And I did!

I used Julie Herman's tutorial
(as always!)
for the binding.
If you're ever interested in using her
perfect binding tutorial
you can find it 

I LOVE it because it doesn't leave you with any bulk when your binding
ends come together.
You can't even tell where they stop and start.

So,
between Rachel and Julie
I made this little beauty.
Thanks, Gals!!

The fabric is Ruby by Bonnie & Camille.

If you are interested in the Facade pattern,
you can find it here.

Here's a close up of the awesome quilting.

And the quilt spread out in all it's glory.

And for fun,
I thought Mr. O'Lantern would like to snuggle a bit.
(excuse the dead flowers....it's fall!)

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Entry #601
Finished quilt measures : 56″x 77″
Quilted by : Diane Juehring
Best Category : Throw Quilt

Wish me luck!!
xoxo


14 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you fixed your post, I wanted to see more of this quilt. I really like it!

Carolyn said...

So pretty! Love the colors in this quilt.

Sarah said...

Beautiful!!!!! I love your pics! And you know how I feel about that quilt!

Jill said...

Very cool quilt, I love the colors.

Mama Pea said...

Love your photos of this quilt! I think the colors are great. Your "staging" is really excellent. Well done!

Amy DeCesare said...

Absolutely beautiful! Best of luck in the voting!!!

Shay said...

Oh Cindy! This is an absolute beauty!

I love everything about it .The fabric, the pattern and the quilting are divine. Im so glad you pulled our finger out and entered it for the festival.

CitricSugar said...

I love the lightning bolt effect combined with such pretty colours and fabrics! It's like Thor's sister turned out to be Betty Crocker. It's gorgeous.

Lily said...

Really really pretty and wonderful quilting! I will check out Julie's binding tutorial. I saw her recently at a book signing. She's great and thanks for the tip!

Kate Brown said...

I love the colors and the pattern, wonderful quilt!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

So pretty, I love that they look like little lighting bolts! And ditto what you say about Julie's tutorial. It's my favorite too!

Shay said...

I just used that binding tutorial too ...Yay! No more lumpy joins for me ! Thanks Cindy!

Carla said...

Congratulations on your quilt being a finalist....It is so cute...love the fabrics!

Sandra said...

what a crisp fresh quilt, love the zaggy hourglass blocks.

Come see my Batik Tulips #46

and my antique zigzag-a-licious quilt #23