Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Good Golly Great Granny Squares!

I'm sure you've heard all the buzz by now about Granny Squares.
(if you are a quilter)
Well, I've been wanting to hop on that bandwagon for a while.
This week, I hitched a ride!

However....it's not just a Granny Square I'm doing.
It's a Great Granny Square.

Jodi from Pleasant Home
and
are hosting a
Great Granny quiltalong.


You can look at everyone's hard work in the Flickr group

There are so many beautiful blocks.
It's a fun block to put together and a
 great way to use up scraps.
(And I have a ton to use!)

If you're wondering what mine looks like,
well here it is!

I cannot wait to get the rest of them done.
It's going to make a beautiful quilt.

Another thing I did was
make a portable design board.
Lori gives a great tutorial
on this here.

The right side of my board is a little wonky.
That would be because it's where I burned myself with my hot glue gun.
(Children...do not try this at home)
But it's my first shot at making one of these,
so I will leave the wonky.

It  just so happened that I had all the supplies needed to make one of these.
I could possibly be categorized as 'borderline horder'

I do love it and have no doubt I will get a lot of use out of it.

That's it for today.
Don't forget,
you have until 11:59 PM tonight to enter my giveaway!

Enjoy your day!
xoxo
Cindy

1 comment:

Wendys Hat said...

How fun! I didn't realize you were doing this with a group. Love it!