Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Today Is My Lucky Day!

You know...I have met so many nice people through the short time I've been blogging and my Flickr account.  It's been such a wonderful experience.  The world of quilting just brings out great people.  I think that's what I love most about it.  The comfort of the finished quilt, with stitches made out of love, wrapped around you in warmth and safety.  The great friends you meet through quilt retreats.  The togetherness we all feel when working on a gift from the heart for our loved ones.  And seriously, who would have thought I would have found great friends, though never meeting face to face.  It's amazing!

So...during lunch I was on the phone with my husband.  I was actually working at my desk during lunch because it was just 'one of those days'.  So while he's telling me about his day (which I swear I was listening to him...really...), I thought I would hop on the internet and check my email.  Lo and behold...I WON A GIVEAWAY!!!  I got so excited!!  I WON FABRIC!!!!!!!  If you are a quilter, you KNOW that is JUST like winning the lottery!!  He started laughing at me because I was so excited, so he let me hang up so I could scream around the office that I won.

I had mentioned about the Holly Jolly Blog Bingo in an earlier post.  Well, they have so very graciously been doing daily giveaways.  Yesterday when I left my post I was secretly hoping I would win because I really liked the fabric.  And I did!!  So THANK YOU everyone from The Quilt Shoppe! You made this little Iowa gal's day!!!

AND...if you have a chance, hop on over to The Quilt Shoppe because they are having one nice sale!!
Enjoy!


South Hampton

1 comment:

Wendyb said...

Congratulations on your win....I'm secretly envious because I love that fabric too, but very happy for you at the same time! I'm loving the Holly Jolly Bingo, It's so much fun!
Hope your words are coming up too!
Sugary hugs Wendy B :O)