Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Swap with Stephanie (aka Mama Pea)

Some days do you ever feel like you've won the lottery?
That's how I felt last week
when I received the most awesome package in the mail.

Of course,
I had to chuckle.
When my husband saw I received 
this  huge package
he just rolled his eyeballs.
"More fabric?", he says.
(that's the standard question whenever I receive a package)

"Oh no, Dear!
This is from my new friend,
Stephanie!!", I say.

"You know,
you can tell me the  truth.", he says

"But I PROMISE
I am this time!", I say

anyone who is addicted to fabric totally knows exactly where I'm coming from in this conversation

I met Stephanie during a contest
hosted by Amy of During Quiet Time
(the Texting While Sewing contest).

You can read her inspiring blog here

Stephanie did a BEAUTIFUL block
as a tribute to Iowa
(my kind of gal!)

And the rest is history.
But meeting Stephanie has been such a blessing!
She's pretty awesome.

I'll quit babbling.
I'm sure you want to get down to the nitty gritty
of what was in the package.

Well.....
I received these fun labels
which will be PERFECT for
saving those special little tidbits 
of info you don't want to loose when browsing a magazine or catalog.


and this awesome journal and washi tape along with the labels
(the notebook was custom made for her students, and she had extra, so I got one too!!)

and this inspiring card!

And for the grand prize.....

This GORGEOUS pillow!!
I can't even BEGIN to tell you 
how in love with this I am!!!!
(Thank you AGAIN, Stephanie!!!)


I absolutely LOVE the paper pieced pattern 
she did for this.
L.O.V.E. it!
And the colors...
this Christmas pillow rocks my world!!!

Check out the lace
all the way from Holland!!
(seriously....can you believe this???)

(Stephanie - I thought you would appreciate your pillow next to the Hawkeye ornament
even though they haven't had the best football year)

And of course,
I had to take one with my Victorian doll beside it.


It even has a zipper!!!
(and groovy fabric on the back)

And one more close up,
just because I seriously cannot stop looking at this!
I love the way the pieced circles work together
and just keep your eyes flowing to each specially cut piece of fabric



Thank you again, Stephanie!
I could not be more thrilled!
Everything about this whole experience
has been a blessing!

If you would like to see what I did for Stephanie,
you can check out her post HERE.

I think I will start to follow
the direction of the card she gave me.
I think it's great advice.


xoxo
Cindy


9 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Oh, Cindy....I am so happy you like it! I hope the off-beat style of it is okay! Pretty bright and nontraditional! It looks great with your tree, and YES, I love it with the Hawkeye ornament! I absolutely LOVED doing this exchange with you. It was one of the most fun things I have done in a long, long time. Thank you so much for your lovely gift to me! You are THE BEST! We need to do this again sometime! Big hugs!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I forgot to say, that's the same thing my husband says every time a box shows up at my doorstep. And my my 8-year-old daughter says the same thing. It's quite annoying from HER! haha!

Melissa P said...

What a wonderful package! And such a fun swap for the both of you.

(As I was typing this, my husband hollered from the other room wanting to know if the fabric on the chair was new stuff. I'm actually a bit impressed he could tell it apart from all the "old" fabric that sits around here.)

UKMUMINUSA said...

What a great package, love the pillow, there is nothing like happy mail!

Linda Coleman said...

Cindy, that is a beautiful pillow/cushion, I love it, the colours, the pattern, you lucky, lucky thing

Amy DeCesare said...

What a great Christmas pillow. I love the singing bird on it, with the cool prints and colors. I'm off to see what you made for Stephanie.

Stitches said...

Iowa quilters unite!!!! You and Stephanie had a great exchange, love both of them...

linda said...

Cindy how fab such a wonderful package to receive it all looks great !!
i love the little birdie charm that you sent mama pea :))))

Shay said...

Everything is gorgeous but especially the cushion.

I wouldnt be able to stop looking at it all either!