Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Auction Remake

What do you do when your hubby brings home something like this from an auction?


Well...
not that it isn't just down right pretty....
let's just say
it's really not my taste.

So...you take this:


and turn it into this!



A new chalkboard for my kitchen!

I changed the pink can of spray paint to gray for the frame.

The picture was just a piece of card board,
but the chalkboard spray paint worked perfectly on it!

It now hangs proudly in my kitchen showing the menu,
or a special message for my family.


What other kinds of creative ideas do you have for changing this lovely picture into your own work of art?

xoxo
Cindy










4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

This is just awesome. I love that you did this!

Mallorie Anderson said...

Love it! Pic wasn't my taste either. Chalkboard idea is brilliant :)

Shay said...

That's exactly what I would have done with it. Now it looks gorgeous (and its functional too!)

I love projects like this . Quick .Easy. Awesome!

linda said...

pretty awful pic pretty good chalkboard clever girl Cindy !!