Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Yard Work

I needed a quick gift yesterday,
so I put together this little wall hanging.


I had some glitter glue that I used to outline "God Bless"
and to add some all over 'sparkle'.


My BIG project for the weekend
(the first of many this spring/summer)
was putting in a new flower bed.
And I am quite proud to say
that I did it without the help of any of the Smith
men in my household.


I'm still going to add more pop's of color,
but considering it was 90 degrees this weekend,
digging up all the soil,
fertilizing it,
planting everything,
and putting the edging in,
this was all I could muster up.
It took me 4 hours to complete this project.
I am really happy with how it came out.

A close up of few of my 'interesting' plant containers:

This idea came from a shop I visit every Saturday morning.
I LOVE the gals in that shop.

And here is some basil planted in an old minnow bucket


And how about some pretty yellow flowers in an old coffee pot?

And a gal has to brag when she can put edging in like this

Sorry for the little dirt clumps.  You would not BELIEVE how dry the soil is.
I am starting to do the rain dance.
Heck...I'll even put the proper dress on if I have to.
It's so dry right now that it even hurts to walk in the yard with no shoes on.
Hhhhmm....maybe if I dance around the yard naked, it will
scare Mother Nature so much that the clouds explode.
At this point, I'm willing to give it a try.

So inbetween graduation parties, races and gatherings,
I was able to complete this little project.
Since it was so hot out, I didn't get any painting done,
but this coming weekend looks to be perfect painting weather,
so hopefully I'll have some kitchen pictures to show you soon.

Enjoy your day!
xoxo
Cindy

3 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Love your funny planters.

Melissa P said...

That was a lot of work! Yay for you getting it done all by yourself. It's going to look lovely when all the plants fill in. I'm surprised you have any energy left to consider rain dancing. ;)

Shay said...

You did a ton of work there. I love those quirky containers. It all looks so pretty!