Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Doll Quilt Swap Sneak Peak and a Recipe of Course!

Well here it is!  The fabric I have picked out for my swap partner, Kris.  I hope she likes it!  Kris...if you see this and don't care for this color pallet, please let me know.  My stash is large and I can change this up with no problem!  :o)


And for those of you who aren't into sewing, I won't leave you out!  Below is a new recipe for you.  It will be a good one for the Super Bowl tomorrow.  Super Bowl day is one of my favorite days of the year!  Though my favorite team (Vikings...don't be a hater) didn't make it this year, I'm still going to root for the Packers.  Mainly because I love cheese. (Wisconsin Cheeseheads...get it??)  LOL!

Super Bowl Salsa

What you'll need:
- 2 lbs. of ripe tomatoes (diced - Roma tomatoes work well)(I like to use Roma tomatoes)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups "Mexican Blend" cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained (or 2 cans if you like)
- 2-3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of chopped cilantro (optional) 
What to do:
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld and then serve with your favorite chips. Garnish with additional cilantro. How easy is that?

I found this recipe here.  So check out the site to see if there's others you'd like to try!

Enjoy....and GO PACKERS!!

No comments: