Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Winter That Never Ends

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging lately.  Life has a way of just keeping me busy!  But that's a good thing.  I took some pictures this morning because the sun was hitting the frost on the trees just right.  However, I couldn't capture what I was seeing thru my lens, which is a little disappointing. Here are just a couple of the pictures I took.  It's -9 this morning, but the sun was shining, which always makes me happy no matter how cold it is!


I took the picture below earlier in the week when we were hit with another snow storm.  As you can see, our lane was pretty full, so we couldn't get out until it was dug out.  But looking at the forecast for next week, Wednesday is supposed to be sunny and 34!  THAT is something to celebrate!!



I follow some inspirational people on Twitter - just because I try to keep as much positive words coming at me as I can to  help keep my mind focused on the the good things.  I stay away from the news and stuff like that, not because I'm in denial, but because life it too short to listen to all the negativity.  Here's a quote that was sent on Twitter today:
"My responsibility, our responsibility as lucky Americans, is to try to give back to this country as much as it has given us..." C. Powell

I like that.  I like to give back.  And it doesn't have to be about the money.  It can be about your time.  Someone once told me that if you don't have money to give, then give the gift of kindness and/or time.  Open the door for someone.  Offer time at an animal shelter, homeless shelter, domestic abuse shelter.  Say a nice word to someone you've never met.  You never know, that nice word might be the only wonderful thing they've heard in a while.  Sometimes time is worth way more than a dollar amount. My challenge to myself and to others who read this is: Everyday during this next week, at least once a day, do one nice, unexpected thing.  Whether it be the gift of your time, healing an old broken relationship, paying for a cup of coffee for the person behind you in line....whatever you think at that moment will make a difference.  Of course, it doesn't have to end when the week is over.  We can all carry on if we choose!  :o)  HAVE FUN!!!!

No comments: