Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Monday, December 28, 2009

"Blame is a bind - pure and simple, it ties you up. As long as you blame, you effectively rob yourself of your own empowerment."

So I've signed up for Twitter and have found a lot of great motivational people to follow.  The quote above is one from Zig Ziglar.  I can't tell you how many times I have given up my power because it's easier to blame someone else, or a circumstance.  One of the reasons I started a blog was to help keep my thinking on the more positive side of life.  I was on facebook, however, I found that to be rather depressing with how easy it was for everyone to share the misery and drama, which is fine if that helps them find their path to a better life.  I'm just not into that, so I figured it would be safe to start a blog and find others with the same interest.  I think it's easier to control what I read this way.  LOL

Anyway, I started Weight Watchers in July.  I should have lost quite a bit of weight by now, right?  Well guess what?  I haven't.  I started out doing really well, as I always do, but then I let blame take over and lost my power.  When I read this quote, it hit me.  I need to stop blaming period.  I need to look at the situation, take it for what it is, own what is mine, and leave the rest.  Now typing this, it sure sounds easy, but it's not.  I have to own the fact that it's going to take time and acknowledgment to get my own life back.  I've let too many people and situations take control - that is my bad habit.  How do you fix a bad habit?  Replace it with a good one.  What do they say?  It takes 21 days to start  a new habit?  I better get started!  :o)

I will work on more positive things.  I will work on changing my mindset when the 'stinkin thinkin' comes creeping in.  After all, we are what we think.   A lot of times, my issue for blaming is because I didn't stand up for myself.  I honestly have a hard time with that.  It's then that the insanity starts.  I didn't speak up, so I give that person power, because I start blaming them.  The fact is, I didn't have the guts to change the direction of the conversation. 

So my first step this week is to change the direction of my thinking when any negativity starts creeping in.  I hope I catch myself before I've gone too far into thought!  LOL 

No comments: