Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Monday, April 6, 2015

April Lovely Year of Finishes

So I missed the sign ups for the March Lovely Year of finishes.
I had to make sure not to miss April!

One of my sewing goals for 2015 was to better myself in free motion quilting.
With that said, this month I am going to quilt this beauty and not use straight line quilting.
(straight line quilting is my 'go to')



This quilt was put together last spring and has been sitting in my UFO pile.
(along with a few other quilt tops)

It was put together using the Jelly Roll Race by Missouri Star Quilt Company.
You can find it HERE

You can put together this top in about 45 minutes,
so if you need something fast, this is for you!  Not only is it fun to put together,
but you don't know how it's going to turn out until you're done.
So if you're a planner, and want to be a rebel & throw caution to the wind,
grab your jelly roll and get started!

On another note, have you seen Lori Holt's new book, Farm Girl Vintage?


Lori is from Bee in my Bonnet and I have been a huge fan of hers for some time now.

I preordered my book, so when it came, I also received this free pattern, Canning Season.
For a country girl like myself, this is all right up my alley!

Here's a little close up of each block in the book.  I can't wait to get started!
Lori will also be doing a sew along as well.  Make sure to check out the details on her blog


This past Christmas I had made little zipper pouches for my brother and two nieces.
Well, I left my sister-in-law out of the mix.  It was one of those last minute 'quick' gifts, because I had to have something to put the gift cards in.  I didn't have a gift card for her, and I was only focused
on what I needed to do right at that moment.  
You know how it goes.

So I thought for Easter, I would find out what her favorite treat is and make her a drawstring pouch using this lovely material from my stash.


Using Kate Spain's Cuzco added with a beautiful aqua color from Bonnie & Camille (and I'm sorry I don't know which line!) you can't go wrong!


I used the 'cute as a button' twill for the drawstring, which I purchased from The Little Red Cottage
on Etsy.  You can find that HERE.

So....on to my 'out of comfort zone' quilting!
I wish you all a creative and sunny day!
xoxo
Cindy

4 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

great fabric Cindy in the drawstring pouch. Can't wait to see how you get on with the new quilt. Looks like a good book

Melissa P said...

Fun stuff happens when you venture out of the comfort zone! I can't wait to see how it goes with that quilt. And to see your blocks in Lori's quilt along.

Happy sewing!

Amy DeCesare said...

Hi, Cindy! What fun to catch a glimpse of what you are making. I love the little drawstring bag and the twill tape! That quilt will be awesome, all finished up. I like that new book, too, and especially the canning jar pattern. I just know you'll make some fantastic stuff from those!

legato1958 said...

Love your projects! You pick the prettiest fabrics! If you are like me, it is great AFTER doing the "out of the comfort zone" project!
Your project wall is pretty and fun!
Susie