Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Friday, May 3, 2013

Apron Swap

Hello out there!

As I mentioned
(I think I did anyway)
I participated in the 
Hosted by these two lovely ladies
and
Sam who blogs

I have never in my life made an apron,
but I do foresee making more in my future!

I didn't post a picture of the finished apron in the group yet,
because I'm pretty sure my partner will know it's hers.

She's a gal after my own heart.
How do I know?
Because out of the three fabric choices I  gave,
she picked my favorite.
(and no one else that commented picked this one, so 
that's how I know she'll know, etc etc)
LOL


Forgive me for not having the name of the fabric!
I can tell you it's from Alexander Henry.

I did a little decorative stitching on the pocket.
(thanks to my new sewing machine, Josie,
my new BFF)

 I talked my son's girlfriend
(whom I love to pieces!)
into modeling the finished product.


I'm really happy with how this turned out.


 I really think Amanda has a new career in modeling.
Don't you?

I also made a matching potholder to go with it.


This was such fun to work on and 
I love someone with a sense of humor.  

The orange fabric is Scribbles by Patrick Lose.
(I adore his fabrics!!)

I bet you're curious to know what I received.

First I have to share a little story.
The shipping deadline was April 30th.
I knew my sister wasn't done with her apron,
so I was getting nervous that she was going to miss the deadline.

Well April 30th came,
and she was sewing away,
sending me teasing picture messages on my phone.
I was LOVING the apron she was making.
But 5:00 rolled around and the post office was closed.
I was bummed for her because she would miss being in the drawing 
for shipping on time.

So she said she would bring the apron to my house when I got home from work 
so I could see it in person.

I opened up the bag and saw this

Now anyone that knows me knows I have a total crush on Gerard Butler.
L.O.V.E. him
Period.

I had made mention on the discussion thread in the group
that it would sure be sweet to have a picture of Gerard on my apron
so when I wiped my face, I could kiss him at the same time.

Guess who my secret partner was
AND
shipped on time after all?
Yep,
my sister.

Check out these goodies.

The entire time I never knew.
And I was feeling bad for her
because neither one of us has ever shipped late for a swap

Don't you love these coasters?

And the tab for my towel?

But my absolute favorite thing
is I have the beautifully  made apron from my sister,
and I can kiss Gerard any time I want.

xoxo
Cindy


9 comments:

Melissa P said...

Great apron!

I am so impressed that your sister managed to keep the secret the whole time!! That's amazing.

And the coasters are just adorable.

Happy Friday!

Cindy Sharp said...

Lol! Tell me what sow he is in please. He reminds me of Watson on BBC's Sherlock.

linda said...

Amanda looks fab in your apron and it looks pretty perfect too after all the ups and downs with it i love it :)))lucky partner how did Sarah keep it secret i want to know as it would have been soo hard :) and yes didnt you do well Mr Butler to keep kissing !!

Marg said...

I'm impressed how well your sister did at hiding it from you. I think something with George Clooney on it would be very very nice too.
I'm pleased to hear you are in love with your machine, it's great isn't it! I haven't tried any of the decorative stitches yet. I lreally like the details on the apron you made but I don't think I could love Cinco de Mayo fabric.

Angela FlowersMoore said...

What a surprise for you. I love the apron you made for your partner and the one you received too. This was so much fun and almost like you I had not made a apron since I was in elementary school.

Amy DeCesare said...

Wow - such cute aprons you guys made. You're making me sorry I didn't do that swap...maybe next time. I've never seen an apron with a place to hang the tea towel ---- so smart, and it makes me think of my great-grandmother and smile. She had her own restaurant and was always busy cooking.

Mama Pea said...

Oh, my gosh. This is so fun! I love the apron you made! So wonderful. And the one you got was just great. Love the little hexies that came with it. You are so funny!

legato1958 said...

What a lark that Sarah had you as her secret partner!! Both of your aprons are sooo delicious!!

susie

Karen Smith said...

Cindy, I just got my apron yesterday. I was so thrilled. When you posted that teasing picture, I really hoped that it was mine. I love everything about it and posted a picture of it in the group pool. Thank you so much! BTW, love the apron that you got and the hexies. I'll be doing a blog post update on your apron soon. Can I link back to your post?