Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Finish for A Lovely Year of Finishes

I am finished.



My February finish for the group A Lovely Year of Finishes on Flickr.
I actually had all the pieces cut out quite a while ago as I mentioned in my earlier post.
I tried to make it for a couple different swaps, but the fabric choices weren't my partners 'thing',
which is absolutely fine.  This worked out great for me, because I dearly love it!


My scrap baskets in the background were gifted to me by Jackie (aka chloeandme on Flickr and IG) 
I've been such a fan of her work for quite some time now.  Not only is her work beautiful, so is her soul.  

Speaking of gifts, I received a very generous one from the lovely
I can't honestly remember who started following who first, 
but I do know Melissa was the very first blogger I became
'friends' with.  We've never met in real life,
but I feel as though we have.
She has been such an inspiration to me and has helped me grow
tremendously in the sewing world.  Because of Melissa,
I can now sew a little more freely, without solely relying on a pattern.
I can seriously go on and on about Melissa, but all you have to do
is check her blog out HERE and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

In the meantime, you can enjoy my gift with me.
Look at all this loveliness of Tanya Whelan's Lulu Roses!


That with the buttons and hexies make for a great beginning of something beautiful, don't you think?

Another item I worked on was a small pillow using Heather Ross fabric and linen.


I love doing free motion thread art.

I also made an Open Wide pouch by Noodlehead using fabric by Anna Maria Horner and quilters linen.



I used a decorative stitch on the front of the pouch for a little extra 'love'.



And last, but not least, this little Penny Pincher Coin Purse found in the freebie section of Melissa's blog.


As you can see, I really am a little crazy over that thread art.  :)

I hope you have had lots of fun creativity taking place in your life!
Here's to next time!
xoxo
Cindy

5 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

Wow Cindy, you have been a busy bee. Your thread art has me so jealous (especially the coin purse). Cant wait to see what you make in March.

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

Wow these are all so gorgeous!!!! Such eye candy!
Hope you have been well!
Xo

Amy DeCesare said...

You've been so busy making all sorts of fabulous things in this short month. Your thread painting is just awesome! It's your signature style!

Melissa P said...

Oh, I love that AMH bag! So cute!

I feel as though we've met in "real life" too. I'm so glad the Internet introduced us!

Keep up the great work!!

legato1958 said...

LOVE all of your projects! You are a real artist with your thread painting! I love all of the fabrics and colors you choose in your projects, too!
Susie