Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sweet Tweets for You!

Glad to be back with a more cheery post today.
Thank you all so much for the comments and emails regarding
our Sweet Sam.   They made my heart feel good.  She is greatly missed!  

I have a friend going through some life struggles, 
so I thought I would make her something to help put some sunshine
in her day.  I knew the perfect book to grab to make something quick,
yet full of cuteness.  Sweet Tweets by Erin Cox is one of the most adorable
books in my sewing library.  You can read more about it on Erin's blog HERE.

Here's what I made


The pattern is actually called Bright and Cheery Bird Pillow, which has a beautiful 
crochet edge around it.  I am not a pro at crochet, so I changed the pattern into a
wall hanging.  I definitely plan on learning to do the crochet part.  It's too cute to pass it up!

Erin's projects are all so well written and easy to follow.
It's just a sweet book full of inspiration!


I have a total crush on the free motion applique.


There's just something about drawing the design with your needle that gets me all giddy.  Especially when it turns out!

Erin's directions to help get you started with free motion applique are wonderful.  I do suggest making sure you practice a few times if you've never done it before.  I swear my lines used to look like I drank 10 pots of coffee before I started sewing.  Now they flow so smoothly through the machine that it's hard to stop!

So if you're new to free motion applique and would like to build your skill and make cute things, Sweet Tweets is for you.



I have a cute Christmas project in the works that's almost finished.  I can't wait to show it to you!

Until next time...Sweet Tweets and Sweet Dreams!
xoxo
Cindy

3 comments:

Amy DeCesare said...

Adorable ptojects! You look like an expert thread painter! The coffee remark made me giggle...I thought you were going to say 10 bottles of wine, not pots of coffee. Tee hee
Keep it up...these really are sweet!

Melissa P said...

Too cute! That project is sure to bring smiles and be well appreciated.

legato1958 said...

What an sweet and adorable mini! Your fabrics and quilting are perfect!
Susie