Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Can't Believe it's Two Days Before Christmas!!

So here we are, December 23rd, and I don't even have my tree decorated. I have to tell you that after church on Sunday, when, in the sermon, he mentioned that Christmas isn't about the tree, the decorations, the presents...that sure relieved a ton of stress! LOL I have my gifts all bought, but not wrapped. That's about it! The really cool thing is that I'm not bummed out...I'm just busy. We've had a year full of ups and downs, but with all the struggles and road blocks thrown our direction, we still choose to rise above. We continue to keep faith that God has a great plan in store for us. When you look at it that way, how can it be anything but exciting?? I refuse to give in to the pettiness going on in the world today. I know there's bad stuff going on out there, but I don't have to dwell in it. Think about it...if everyone out there spent 1/4 of the effort in making a difference than they do worrying about what some else is doing, or what someone else has, what kind of a world would this be? If they turned toward love instead of hate. If they turned towards being happy for someone's good fortune instead of being jealous. If they chose to make a difference instead of going along with the crowd...wouldn't this just be a fabulous place? Well that's my goal to keep me going. Like Michael Jackson's song...I'm starting with the man (woman) in the mirror... I'm not perfect. I'm nothing special. But I can make a difference. Care to join me?

No comments: