Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Saturday, April 6, 2013

April - A Lovely Year of Finishes

How's it going?

I have a quick post this morning
on my April project for

A family member will be having a hip replacement
this month, so I thought she would be in need of a quilt.
I've had my postage stamp
done for quite a while, but never bound.
(why do I do that?? finish quilts but take forever to bind them)
I'm crazy like that.

So, I decided she would get this quilt,
which means I need to get it bound!


I'm looking forward to making another one of these quilts too.
I just love the look.

I used Central Park by Kate Spain along with white Bella solid.
Makes for a beautiful quilt!

So my April project is to bind this quilt
and also so the April BOM for Lucky Stars

I know we are only supposed to pick one project,
but I need to keep up with my BOM,
so in order for myself not to fall behind,
it's just a given that this little block will be included with my monthly finish.
:)

I'm dying to know what projects you're working on!!
Spill the beans kids!

A Lovely Year of Finishes by CraftyMamaD

6 comments:

Liz DandeliondD said...

Ooooh I love it.
Can't wait to see it all finished.

CitricSugar said...

I'm trying to get a quilt quilted right now but I'm having issues with how to quilt it and fear of ruining it. It takes me forever to get from basting to quilting, but once it's quilted, the binding is on there the second I can switch feet on the machine! Finishing the binding by hand with a couple of movies is my favourite part so I've never had one waiting for binding…

legato1958 said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt!! Love those Kate Spain fabrics in that pattern! Can't wait to see it after you get it done!!

I need to make a diaper bag and some nursery baskets this month.

Susie

Shay said...

A quilt is the perfect recovery gift and this one is just lovely.

I stumble on the quilting. Once I have a quilt to the binding stage I'm always keen for the finish !

Maybe I can send you my quilting and you can send me your binding jobs?

Mama Pea said...

I'll bind your quilt for you. I love binding quilts. Mine get bound pretty quickly (overall---I have one that is languishing). It's the getting them quilted that hold me up!

I love this quilt and the fabric you've chosen!

Mery13 said...

Wooou, nádherý blog, super praca :-) Mery