Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Friday, November 23, 2012

Across The Pond Sew Along

I'm so excited!
I finished my first project for the
It's not too late to sign up,
so come join the fun!

Our first project was the Anita Vacation Tote,
a pattern created by Amy of eamylove.
If you are interested in this pattern,
(which I HIGHLY recommend)
you can find it

The pattern is so easy to follow.
I had so much fun making this tote,
I can't wait to may another one!
I hope my friends give me a strong hint to
make them one for Christmas.

Since it's a 'vacation' tote,
I thought it would be fun to use
French Post by Michael Miller
for the main part of the bag.
Since going to Paris is on my bucket list
this French fabric is perfect.



The decorative trim I used
is from the Little Red Cottage
(I may have mentioned a time or two 
this is one of my favorite shops!)


The pattern gives clear, easy to read instructions
for putting in this rockin zipper!


You even get pockets
with this glamour bag!


I am so excited to see what we make next month.
There's plenty of room on the ship,
so hop on 

I'm off to another Thanksgiving dinner.
I better Zumba for 5 hours tomorrow!

xoxo
Cindy






7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Man, I feel like I need to zumba 5 hours every day! I really love your bag. I sure wish I could join in. It sounds like fun. I really love your fabric selections, and I love a bag pattern that has so many details that the finish is so professional.

Amy DeCesare said...

Oh, Cindy - I am clapping my hands over here at my house!!! Your bag turned out beautifully, and the fabrics are heavenly! I adore that trim you used...great job!

linda said...

wow love it you did a great job !!!

linda said...

so what do you make next !!

Shay said...

I adore that tote. The fabric is so cute and the trim is darling.

Ummmmm...Im your friend and you can totally make me one of those for Christmas !

Subtle enough?

legato1958 said...

Your Anita Vacation tote bag is just beautiful! I love your accents with the fabrics! And your zipper lining fabric popping out!
I am so happy you are sewing along with us in the Across The Pond Sew Along!!

Susie

UKMUMINUSA said...

The bag is lovely, it speaks Paris.