Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Texting While Sewing


Well I did it.
I entered
And I am as nervous as all get out.
I try to keep my sewing simple,
because I work so many hours
and by the time I'm done with work,
making supper, doing dishes, keeping laundry/housework caught up,
and this time of year....gardening as well...
......along with the outside activities I'm involved in,
it doesn't leave much time for sewing.
So these are the blocks I came up with to enter the contest.
They are simple,
but I like the effect each one offers.

This event is hosted by Amy of
During Quiet Time.
Your 12" block needs to be created with some sort of text fabric.
(which I LOVE text fabrics!)

I like to think of this one as a story about the young lady in the center.
The verbiage in the fabric is in French, which I can't read, so maybe it's some
grandiose love letter from a handsome soldier.
Or maybe it's her diary of a broken heart.
Or maybe she's been married forever
and she's just complaining about her husband
leaving his boxers on the floor.
:o)



This next one is a little more fun.
Traveling on Route 66 is on my bucket list.
I think I'll be making this one into a pillow for one of my nephews.
I think they would enjoy dreaming of traveling 
along the Route one day.
As for me,
I can see myself driving in a convertible,
the top down,
my hair whipping around,
and just as I scream
"THIS IS THE LIFE!!"
A big 'ol dragonfly
flies right into my mouth.
yep...I can see it now.


So these are my entries.
I even got them done early, because I didn't want to miss
being a participant!

You can check out the competition 
by clicking here.
There are so many great entries
and I have to say that I'm really glad I'm not a judge.

But deep inside,
I sure hope I at least make it to the Top 10.
Hey...
if I can dream of dragonflies 
slamming into my mouth,
I can dream of being in the Top 10.
LOL

Live on the edge folks!
xoxo
Cindy

10 comments:

FabricFascination said...

I got an early morning laugh out of your dragonfly image.

Love the fabric and especially the Route 66 block.

Linda Coleman said...

great blocks Cindy, love the Route 66 one.

Anonymous said...

These blocks are wonderful and creative and I love them!!!
I had to drop out of this one as I just don't have the time to even think about it.hah.ah..ah.a

Melissa P said...

They're wonderful blocks. And I especially love your imaginings--dragonfly mishaps included.

Good luck!

Shay said...

I love both of these. Very creative and the colours and values look wonderful together.

Route 66 is my favourite too!

Mama Pea said...

Great job! I entered, too. My first challenge. I have always chickened out in the past. So, I get how you feel! I think your blocks are really neat. I could see a whole quilt or wallhanging made out of these just think of the stories...how Route 66 could intersect with the French loveletter....

Marilyn said...

What a fun post! And I love both blocks!!

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

For someone who has no time ... you have come up with some great ideas for those blocks. Good luck with it. xCathy

charlotte said...

Very cute. I like both of them.

linda said...

love both blocks and your story about the girl :)))