This weekend was pretty emotional. Our youngest son, Justin, has moved off to college for the next two years. We are so proud of him. Saturday we took a drive an met him. We had to get all of his groceries, cleaning supplies, dishes and household items he didn't have...all that good stuff. Then we took him out to eat. His apartment is very nice and I feel much better after seeing where he will be. On the way home he sent me a text. It said, "Thank you for coming up here today. I couldn't ask for any better parents. I love you guys". And boy...did that open up the flood gates!! He's been a bit of a stinker these past few weeks, but it's a 'guy' thing....his way of dealing with the fact that he 'thinks' he doesn't need his parents anymore...little did he know....lol. But I am so glad he is an independent young man.
So...since it's been a while since I've been on here, I thought I would share a recipe that is really yummy! If you have some jalapeno's from your garden, along with some red bell peppers, this is a great recipe. I LOVE it on cream cheese and then spread on crackers. I got it from www.allrecipes.com.
Red and Green Christmas Jalapeno Jelly
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 5 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid pectin
- Remove stems, veins and most of the seeds of the bell and jalapeno peppers. Mince peppers in a food processor.
- In a 5-quart pot over high heat, combine bell peppers, jalapenos, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add the pectin and let mixture continue to cool for 2 minutes more. Now stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and top with sterilized lids. Secure lids with bands and allow jars to cool slowly, creating a vacuum seal.
And all my jars popped! I love that sound! I read some of the reviews and got some good ideas for this, like use it for glazed ham, ribs, pork chops and chicken. I'll have to give it a try!
So...that's the moon peaking through the trees. I think it's telling me it's time to go to bed. Until the next adventure...keep looking up and thinking positive!!