Pages

Quilting Gallery Logo

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Delish! My Spin on Lasagna Roll Ups!

Happy Saturday!  The other day I was in a pinch for something to cook.  I hadn't cooked for 2 days, so my family was on their own.  I was held prisoner in my sewing room by a quilt that had kept me captive.  :o)  But it's done and off to be quilted, so my family has me back.  They missed me!

So....I wanted to make something really yummy to show them I appreciated the time in my sewing room.  I've always wanted to make a lasagna roll-up.  As I was sewing the border around the quilt, I was thinking about how I could make it.  This is what I came up with:

Boil water and cook 11 lasagna noodles.

Cook 1 lb of sausage until brown.
  • Add an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • 5 slices (more or less, depending on taste) of jalapenos, finely chopped
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • A little salt and pepper to taste. 
Cook until cheese is melted and everything is blended together.  (it will be a little stringy from the cheese)  Take mixture and spread 3 - 4 tablespoons of the mixture onto the lasagna noodle.  Roll up and place into a greased 9 x 13 pan.


Saute an onion and 2 cloves of garlic in olive oil (okay...I'm married, so 2 cloves are OK for me, but for you single gals, you may only want to use one!  LOL).  Cook until onions are translucent.


 When onions and garlic are done, add 1 large can of tomato puree, 1 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp basil, salt and pepper to taste.  Simmer about 5 to 10 minutes until flavors are well blended.


Pour over noodles.


Sprinkle with cheese (I used a 2-cup bag of shredded pizza cheese, because that's all I had left) and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.  Wa la!  Here's what you have:


And it was DELISH!  Enjoy!!

6 comments:

jules said...

Hey there, that sounds super good. I'll have to try it soon!!! Ryan graduates tomorrow...woohoo! we are having a great trip. XXXXOOOO

Melissa P said...

I bet that smelled incredible while it was cooking! Don't you love being held hostage by a quilt? There's nothing else quite like it.

Sarah said...

Thanks for this! I will make some for Chris this week!! It looks awesome and I can smell it through the computer!!!!

Trisha Smith said...

OMG... YUMMMMMMY!!!

Molly said...

Ok I am going to try this! It looks scrumptious! I will be mailing off your package this weekend!! Hope your having a fabulous week!!
~Molly P

Chasity said...

Yumm. My family thanks you in advance as I think these will be on the menu next week!

I will become a follower too!